Review: OMG Nail strips

19:58

Hello!

Today I have another review: OMG nail strips sent me 2 different nail strips to test out, Dark cheetah and Camouflage pink.

This is how the packaging looks, for 7.99$ you get 14 strips in different sizes which is great cause you can do a full mani and you still have spare strips for accent fingers :) It also gives you a better chance at finding the correct strip size for your nail (but you can also cut them, they're soft and they don't tear). 



For application I just followed the instructons on their site:
  • Soak your hands in warm water for 5 minutes. Dry hands, then gently push back cuticles. Carefully remove any excess skin around the nail bed.
  • Moisturize your hands with lotion, and wait 1 minute.
  • Using a Q-tip, remove any leftover lotion from the nail bed, paying special attention to the sidewalls, cuticle area and tip of the fingernail.
  • Select the appropriate sized nail strip for each nail to ensure the nail will be covered from sidewall to sidewall. Using a nail strip that is too large for a particular nail is not recommended; rather, trim the strip the scissors to the appropriate width.
  • Peel off the clear coating, and then carefully remove the nail polish strip from the sticker backing,
  • Start by placing whichever end on the nail strip that works better for your nails at the cuticle and  apply it by smoother the strip towards the tip and your nail, smoothing out and bumps and ensuring the strip is tucked neatly into the sidewalls.
  • File away any excess nail strip by holding your nail file parallel to the surface you are working on, as filing the nail perpendicularly will cause tearing along the tip.
  • After you have applied all ten polish strips, take a cotton ball the has been dipped in polish removed with the excess remover wrung out, and swipe each nail 1-3 times, paying special attention to the sidewalls, tips and cuticle area. This step is especially important, as it melts the strip to your nails, allowing for longer lasting wear.
  • Apply a finishing topcoat, and wait 5 minutes for it to dry completely.


This was my first try at strips and it went better than I expected. First I tried the leopard ones, the application was fast and easy.





With the second, pink army ones I did have some minor problem with strips creasing, it could be that my nails were longer and curvier :(




The strips lasted on me about 5 to 6 days which is the time that nail polish usualy stays on me. They didn't chip but they started lifting around the edges.

I'm gonna finish with the pros and cons:
+ easy aplication
+ longlasting
+ no drying time
+ various designs
- expensive if used regulary
- don't last longer than nail polish (at least not on my nails)

I would recomend the OMG nail strips for special occasions or events but I probably wouldn't use them every day.

Thanks for stopping by**
The product(s) in this post was/were send to me for review. For more information, please look at my Disclosure Policy

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love the leopard ones! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) Thank you for the comment <3

      Delete
  2. Leopardji vzorec mi je zelo všeč. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni tudi :) Sem mislila najprej, da mi bo army bolj, ampak me animal printi vedno dobijo :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...