About

Friday, October 21, 2016

Empties #2

Hello!

I'm back with another batch of empties. Lately I've been really trying to use as much products as I can and I severely limited any new purchases. Since I took a blogging break I'm actually so behind with empties that I already have two to three more empties posts lined up. Let's see what I used up :)
Afrodita Raspberry cream cream shower gel
This smelled amazing, like raspberry yogurt <3 It has a thick consistency and it gives a rich foam. My skin also liked it cause it didn't dry it out.
Repurchase: maybe in the future
 
My body Meersalz peeling Lavander
This is my third tub of this peeling. I love it, it really scrubs my skin good and leaves it super soft. However the salt gets in any tiny cut or bite you have on your skin and it stings :(
Repurchase: currently no (probably in the future)

Aussie Miracle moist shampoo
Decent shampoo. It's very nourishing so there was no need for using a balm with it and at the same time it didn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy. The smell is very strong and it did bother me a little bit. Full review of Aussie Miracle moist shampoo here.
Repurchase: maybe
p
Aussie 3 minute miracle reconstructor
I believe this is one of their best sellers. I liked it but i had to use it with caution. In small amount it made my hair amazing but when using too much, it made my hair clumpy and greasy looking (do we start seeing a pattern here?) Full review of Aussie 3 minute miracle reconstructor here.
Repurchase: no
z
Alverde Nutri-care Mandel Argan hair balm 
This was too heavy and nourishing for my hair. It weighed them down and made them look greasy if I applied too much. I gave it to my mother, who dyes her hair and she liked it. Its not a bad hair balm, just not for my hair type. 
Repurchase: no


Burt's bees hand salve
This tub lasted me for ages. I used it as a night cream for hands, feet, elbows and any other dry patches. It's a hard waxy ointment that melts into an oily consistency when warmed in your hands. I liked the lemon-herbal scent and it did a good job nourishing my skin. A great alternative for it is Dvorec Trebnik Argan ointment which I will use up quite soon.
Repurchase: no

Essence 24h hand protection balm Apple cinnamon punch
Each year Essence releases a set of Fall/Holidays inspired hand creams. A few years ago the theme was Hot drinks and I went nuts on the Apple cinnamon punch hand cream and bought quite a few of them. It smelled amazing and was nicely moisturizing. I'm really surprised the creams hadn't went bad before using them up.
Repurchase: no (limited edition product)

L'Occitane Zesty lime hand cream
This smelled like heaven. Best and most natural lemon zest smell I've ever encountered. The cream itself was great too, made my hands very soft.
Repurchase: probably (when I use some of my hand creams)

L'Occitane shea butter hand cream
I got this one as a freebie with purchase and I believe it was rose scented. Karite hand creams are their most known hand creams but I'm not too sold on them. It's very heavy and thick so it's prefect for night care. Good hand cream but I prefer other hand creams by L'Occitane.
Repurchase: maybe (when I use some of my hand creams)


Aveo Mandel nail polish remover
My always and forever polish remover <3 Sadly it has been discontinued.
Repurchase: I would give my left kidney for a life time supply if I could

Essence The gel nail polish top coat
Great top coat for a really affordable price. Makes the surface smooth and shiny while drying in minutes.
Repurchase: in the future

Essence studio nails Nail&cuticle butter stick
I had a love-hate relationship with this little guy. The stick smelled amazing and nourished the cuticles well. But what ticked me was the ridiculously small amount of product you got. The packaging tricked you into thinking that the product is in the entire pen when in reality, the stick was only in the cap part of the pen. 
Repurchase: no
p
Essence studio nails nail cuticle softener pen
This type of pens are great as a on the go products since they don't give your cuticle a heavy greasy treatment but more of a thin layer of oil. The downsize is that they usually go bad really fast and then they become smelly :(
Repurchase: no


Inell visage gel-creme hydratant
Bought this one for a ridiculous cheap price in E. Leclerc when I forgot my moisturizer at home. I liked it, it moisturized my skin, sank in quickly and it didn't clog my pores. However it's nothing special and I found better.
Repurchase: no
p
Balea Aqua feuchtigkeits serum
I went through so many bottles of this serum. It's a great product, highly moisturizing and works great as a foundation base. I love the pump dispenser and the light consistency. My only complaint is the lack of SPF.
Repurchase: in the future

Biotherm Aquasource gel
I got this one in a sample size. I liked the fresh smell and light consistency but Balea Aqua feuchtigkeits serum does the job just as well for a fraction of price.
Repurchase: no

Hurraw! coconut lip balm
Hurraw! Lip balms are one of my favorites but for some reason coconut didn't do it for me. I didn't like the scent and it quickly developed a weird scent.
Repurchase: no

Sierra bees Organic mint burst lip balm
I got it as a freebie for ordering on iHerb. I loved the smell, very authentic. Unfortunately the lip balm went bad really fast.
Repurchase: in the future

Badger Lip balm Pink grapefruit
Loved this lip balm. It smelled amazing and it made my lips extremely soft and nourished.
Repurchase: in the future

Givency Very irresistible
This brings back memories of high school so I'm really surprised that the fragrance didn't go bad. It was an ok scent, slightly sweet but still a clean scent.Pretty generic scent i guess.
Repurchase: no

Shiseido Zen White heat edition
The combination of  floral and citrus notes didn't do it for me.
Repurchase: no

Catrice Ultimate stay lip liner 040 Love the way you plum
This line of Catrice lipliners was a flop. I loved the twist up mechanism but the product itself was so dry and brittle the tip of lipliners was breaking every time I tried to use it. Shame, because the liner really was longlasting but what good is that if you can't get the product on your lips. I only used it a few times and then the liner dried up completely.
Repurchase: no

Essence I <3 stage eyeshadow base
Not a fan of this one. It didn't wants to set on my eyelids so it kept moving around the whole day (which is exactly what an eyeshadow base shouldn't be doing). It also has a weird orange color to it.
Repurchase: no

Catrice Lash extension volume mascara
Decent mascara. It had tiny fibers in it so it worked great for adding volume. It dried out very fast and it burned if the fibers got in the eye.
Repurchase: no

Essence Lash & brow gel mascara
This was my first brow product...bought many, many years ago :) I should have thrown it away years ago but for some reason I just kept it. It's a clear gel that doesn't do much to your eyebrows so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone (it's probably not available anymore anyways).
Repurchase: no
Confratulations for making it to the end of this post :)
Thanks for stopping by**

2 comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...