About

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Butter London Knackered dupe :)

Hello!

Previous post it was Chanel, this one it's Butter London :) I was admiring swatches of their Knackered polish since it came out and let me tell you, no picture does it justice. I had it in my hands in Müller in Graz (Austrian Müllers sell Butter London) but at 18 euros a bottle I had to put it back. Even though I am a nail polish fanatic I do realize that's all it is at the end of the day, nail polish. My BF even offered himself to buy it for me but I said no (seriously, what kind of a polish freak says no to nail polish?! Apparently I do :D)
So here I am, improvising again :) This is the combination of Misslyn Flower bird and Essence Hello holo. Flower bird is a sheer duochrome, this was three coats and one coat of holo topcoat. It's not the real deal but I loved wearing this manicure <3
Also, this are outdoors photos, my daylight lamp totally kills the color shift. I've noticed that with the sun too, duochromes look best in cloudy weather and crappy in sunny.







video 

Thanks for stopping by**

10 comments:

  1. What a great alternative! I like the soft color shift! :)

    Btw, Barry M. 324 Silvery Lilac is very close to Butter London Knackered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And you're right, I totally forgot about Silvery lilac

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ane? Sploh ne rabim originala :)

      Delete
  3. Čeprav sem lakoholik, jaz svojemu tudi ne bi dovolila, da mi kupi lak za 18 €, to se mi zdi too much. Sicer pa včasih sploh ne pomislimo, da lahko ustvarjamo sami dupe s kombinacijo različnih lakov, ki jih imamo doma, kot si to storila ti. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se strinjam :) Hvala za komentar *.*

      Delete
  4. Dobra je ova kombinacija, svakako puno bolje nego osamnaest eura za original :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love this combination!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...