About

Friday, November 19, 2010

OPI - Siberian nights

Hello!

Here it is, my first OPI polish. I've been feeling stressed and snappy lately so I needed something dark on my nails to cool me down :)
Siberian nights is from their 2007 Russian collection and it's a dark purple vampy creme. And yes, I'm a total sucker for great names :) The purple shows in the daylight or more accurately in the sun, otherwise it looks black-ish. But hey, that's what vampys do :) Really love the color. This is 3 coats because the polish is kinda sheer and streaky, it also took ages to fully dry. I do on the other hand love the wide flat brush and the handle. The thing that stands out is how glossy this polish is (no topcoat ladies :)

Natural light, rainy weather:





Flash:




Durability is really shitty on my nails unfortunately, it started chipping after 12 hours. Overall this polish is nothing special so I kinda don't get the hype around OPI. They're also quite expensive, around 13€ or 8€+shipping if you buy it online. I bought this second hand, I wouldn't pay that much money for a fairly average nail polish (only because I'm a broke ass student, I have nothing against people who buy more expensive polishes:) I would buy it only if there was an amazing shade that couldn't be duped.


Do you like OPI nail polish or do you think they are overrated?

Thanks for stopping by*

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE OPI polishes but they are really pricey here in good old Europe. I'd have to pay 16€ which is far more than I would ever want to. That's the reason that I buy online at transdesign or head2toe. OPI's are just a couple of dollars there, they ship internationally and even with the most insane shipping costs and additional custom fees they are far cheaper than if I were to buy them locally.

    Siberian Nights is a gorgeous shade. Sshh, don't tell my bank account ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Čudovit je in lepo ti pristoji =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chester: Yeah I feel you. In the end you often pay more for the shipping than for the polish itself :(

    @colorfulbottle: hvala <3

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...